Recipe of the Week: Greek Salad
Greek salad, or horiatiki salata, is a rough country salad of juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, sliced red onion, green pepper, and crumbly feta cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: about 60 cookies
- Nutrition information: 340 cal, 10 g fat, 4 g protein
- 2 cucumbers, cut into cubes
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups drained kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tea spoons dried oregano
- 1 pound feta cheese
Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley and olives in a large bowl.
Mix olive oil, lemon juice and oregano in a small bowl.
Break feta cheese into about 1/2-inch chunks and add to cucumber mixture. Add dressing and mix gently, adding salt to taste.Tags: recipe, salad