IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to unfavorable weather and time conditions, we will not be running the sunset tour on a regular basis until February 28 2014. The sunset tour will resume as normal from March 1st 2014. If you are visiting Meteora before March 1st and you want the sunset tour experience please contact us and we will arrange it for you.
When all the masses of tourists are long gone have an amazing sunset tour organized by our travel agency that will be your highlight of your entire Meteora visit.
This particular tour will take you on a late afternoon tour to all the places around Meteora that only locals do know, in order not only to enjoy amazing views but to learn as well about the real history and traditions of the place. You will see the 1,000 years old Bandovas hermitages inside caves high up on the rocks and learn the amazing history of one of the most ancient churches of Greece, the Dormition of Virgin Mary in kalampaka. Imagine a church so ancient and old that even before becoming the church it is today it was an ancient temple dedicated to god Apollo!
And then filled with all the history and culture of the place the tour will take you to enjoy panoramic views on the most perfect spot of Meteora and capture one of the most beautiful sunsets you could ever imagine. And at that very moment, when then sun begins to slowly and tenderly touch the back of the distant mountains and all you hear is the silence and an awe feeling of this magnificent Meteora landscape, in that very moment one can truly understand why Meteora was chosen by the monks to build here all those monasteries. Simply by gazing at this landscape you unconsciously perform an act of meditation, meditating on the beauty and awe of all creation.
This is a Tour not to be missed by anyone visiting Meteora!
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Semi-independent tour
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel in Kalampaka town or Kastraki village
- Transportation by air-conditioned mini bus
- Combines a bus tour with short walks
- Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
- On your tour of Meteora you will be able to visit Roussanou Monastery, except on Wednesday, where you will visit St. Stephen's Monastery.
- Visit the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary
- Visit the renovated Hermitages of Badova
- Take the most perfect sunset photos ever
- Gratuity (optional)
- Entrance fees at the one monastery, 3 euro per person
- Entrance fees at the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary, 2 euro per person
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
- Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf
- Wear closed toed shoes
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- From EUR 30.00
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
Departure point: Pick up from your Hotel in Kalampaka town or Kastraki village
Return details: Returns to original Pick up point