Take this comprehensive half day morning Tour in Meteora and discover the astonishing Meteora through the eyes and the narrative of the locals.
Visit 2 main monasteries of Meteora and discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. Imagine that millions of tourists coming and going every year in Meteora and most of them will never learn or hear that just few km away from Kalampaka and Meteora lays one of the most important prehistoric caves not only to Greece but to the entire world, with archeological findings dating back to 130,000 BC!
Take our half day tour and include a guided visit to Theopetra prehistoric cave, 5 km from Kalampaka on the way to Trikala and discover the most ancient man made structure on earth, a stone wall dated back to 26,000 BC. Have the chance to see on the caves’ floor the petrified footprints of a seven years old child that walked on the ashes some 60,000 years ago.
Have a moment and think just about that. It’s like travelling back in time the moment when a prehistoric child was running inside the cave leaving his footprints all over the place for us to be able to see them thousands of years later.
Minimum numbers apply
.Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel
- Semi-independent tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned mini bus
- Combines a bus tour with short walks
- Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
- On your tour of Meteora you will be able to visit 2 monasteries *
- Visit Theopetras pre-historic cave *
- Gratuity (optional)
- Entrance fees at the 2 monasteries, 3 euro per person at each monastery
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking.
- Wear closed toed shoes.
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along.
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and skirts will be provided.
- *The tour visits two monasteries and the prehistoric cave of Ttheopetra, except on Mondays where it visits three monasteries due to the cave of Theopetra being closed.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Departure point: Pick up from your Hotel
Return details: Returns to original Pick up point