Special: Hiking Tour
Take a hike into the Meteora majestic rocks to see and enjoy the best views possible of the monasteries and the rocks on this comprehensive guided morning hiking tour. Marvel at jaw-dropping panoramic views of this unique site listed by Unesco as a world heritage treasure and walk along the ancient trails used by the monks and the hermits of Meteora. The hiking tour begins from Kastraki square and after a while reaches to Dupiani hermitage. It passes below the ruined Pantokratoros monastery on the north side of Dupiani's rock the tour then reaches the Ypapanti monastery and St. Dimitrios ruins, a monastery destroyed by the Ottomans in the 1808 during a local uprising. From there, the trail leads all the way up to the impressive Great Meteoro and Varlaam Monasteries. Afterwards climb down from Varlaam to St. George the Madilas and see the place where local boys and girls climb with only a rope to dedicate offerings to St. George.
This tour requires a physical and mental healthDifficulty level class 1
- Entrance fees on the 2 monasteries of Great Meteoron and Varlaam are not included in the price. Entrance fees are 3 Euro per person, per monastery.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- NO UNDER 6 years old
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Suitable walking shoes required – no flip-flops. Suggestions:walking boots or sneakers, closed toe shoes with non slip soles.
- From EUR 20.00
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Departure Point: Visit Meteora Offices.
Distance: 8 km
Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Numbers are limited to a maximum of 12 people on this small group hiking tour, incase you are a bigger group we will split you in small groups with more guides ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your knowledgeable guide.
- Respect the holiness of this site, keep it clean, seek harmony and balance between tourism and spiritual activities.