Climbing on the rocks of Meteora is the ultimate climbing challenge for an experienced climber. The monks of these monasteries were the first who performed extreme sports in the area, since the only way of reaching a monastery was climbing. Huge stone pillars of conglomerate rock were formed here during the ice age when the area was a big lagoon, you can still find some ancient relics of sea creatures on the rock while climbing. Nothing compares to the feeling of climbing to the top of a pillar, sign your name on the secret notebook and enjoy the fantastic view of the area.
Your guide will present you with three climbing route options and help you select the best route for you based on what you want and which is your climbing skill level.
From EUR 150.00
This tour requires a physical and mental health
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date, alternative activity or full refund
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- NO UNDER 8 years old
- Pick up and drop off service from your Hotel
Recommended Equipment/Items to bring:
- Comfortable casual clothing
- Flexible shoes; no open toes or flip flops
- Weatherproof shell jacket
- Water (at least 1 liter per person)
- Lunch and snacks
- Backpack to carry everything!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Departure point: Visit Meteora Offices.
Returns to original departure point